cparker;418875 Wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> A feature request for this great plugin.  As the data provider has a
> habit of disappearing, I assume to high levels of traffic??  Could the
> plugin cache the current weather report and if the site isnt available
> to provide an update to just display what it currently holds in its
> cache.
>
> I think it would be better to have a weather report that is an hour out
> rather than just displaying a question mark and no weather report at
> all.
>
> Cheers

As a follow up to those that are interested, commenting out lines 2180
to 2194 in the plugin.pm code will stop it wiping the forecast and leave
the current forecast displaying.

So the code looks something like this;
# make "die" errors in Weather::Wunderground non fatal
        if ($@) {
                warn $@;
            $log->error("Weather Fetch Failed");
                return;
        }

Seems to work ok without any repercussions that I've seen so far.

Cheers

--
cparker

www.spicefly.com - Visit for an enhanced Interface for MusicIP and
integration tips and tricks, Plugin coding tips, Spicefly SugarCube the
MIP AutoDJ plugin and Spicefly Weather!