OK, having searched through all the AlienBBC posts and tried various
things, I need to ask for some support:
I am unable to play any BBC streams through AlienBBC, all I get is
silence.

I am using: AlienBBC 2.4a5test7.3, Lame 3.98.2, Mplayer 1.0rc2.

The following files are located in c:\program
files\squeezece...\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\ folder:
lame.exe, lame_enc.dll, mplayer.exe, medcoder.exe, mplayer_test.bat
There is also an mplayer folder with a file named 'config' in it.

I have disabled Wav & Flac in File Types\RTSP and have the following
line in my custom-convert.xml:
[mplayer] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -bandwidth 10000000 -cache
128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao
pcm:nowaveheader:file=#PIPE# $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -r -q $QUALITY$ -b
$BITRATE$ - -

AlienBBC is available in the Internet Radio menu.
When I try any of the links, the link starts and then stops after about
5 or 10 secs.  When I then play again, the play timer shows that stream
seems to have continued playing i.e. suddenly jumps upto 20 or 30 secs
continues for a few more then stops and goes back to 0.

When I try the mplayer test in the AlienBBC settings page, nothing
happens other than a page refresh.
When I try the maplyer_test.bat, The stream appears to play(got no
sound card on the WHS server so cannot verify) in that it doesn't stop
after a few seconds.

I get the following in my log file(after turning AlienBBC logging to
Debug):
http://pastebin.com/f29146057

When I try in Squeezeplay, i get "Can't Open file for...rtsp://blah
blah"

Interestingly when I select Staff Picks\By City\London\Radio 5 Live
News & Sport, the stream does play(In all players inc Slimp3).  Most of
the other BBC streams there however don't.

Thanks in advance.

--
BodgeIT

Whether you think you can or...
you think you can't, either way you are right!
SC 7.4 - 26406, WHS SP2(VMWare 1.8 Device(No Sound Card)).
Slimp3 & Duet (Latest FWs).