Philip Meyer;423982 Wrote:

> Ease of use, mainly.
>
> You don't have to worry about turning SugarCube on or off - it will
> automatically turn it on when the Dynamic Playlist is started, and will
> turn off when the Dynamic Playlist is stopped.
> Dynamic Playlist will show the last n songs played.
>
> SugarCube can be used as an alarm clock - choose Dynamic Playlist >
> SugarCube, and it will pick a random song as a seed. Actually, that
> reminds me - I think it was meant to use the current track as a seed,
> otherwise a random track if the playlist is empty, however, I think it
> always picks a random starting song.

Agree'd.

I have found that switching SugarCube off via SBC and using it only
through the Dynamic Playlist lets me listen in exactly the way I want.
Leaving it switched off means that SqueezeCentre behaves as intended;
i.e. only plays selected tracks or albums. When I want to listen to
random tracks with (relatively) 'intelligent' selection, using SugarCube
through Dynamic Playlists does a pretty well perfect job. Best of both
worlds!

Thanks

Bob

--