neilcoburn;386759 Wrote:
> Hi Greg
>
> I guess the root cause of the problem might be that the network
> connection momentarily drops (though there's nothing in the log to
> confirm this). I use power line adapters to connect the server PC to the
> wireless router. It drops the server once a day or so, but reconnects
> the service quickly.  The other screensaver I use is RSS News Ticker,
> and that one restarts with no problem, but SDT needs an SC restart.

Hi Greg, I and a couple of others raised this issue before (around post
# 1,200)  Since then I've built a brand new dedicated server for
Squeezecenter, and connected it directly to my router (my previous
server was via power line adapters).  I was hoping that a rock-solid
internet connection and fresh install would solve the problem.  But if
anything it's worse!

I realise there are only a few of us with this issue, so I can't
imagine it's a priority for you, but one thing that might help identify
the issue - I've tried Weather Date Time screensaver too, and although I
much prefer yours, it doesn't suffer the same problem. Just wondering if
this might provide a clue!

--
neilcoburn