Hi Ralphy, hopefully I've found the path to the answer:

I've spent a bit of time on this, and brought my rudimentary C skills
to bear.

My intuition that nothing was happening was correct. Squeezeslave is
stuck in an infinite loop during argument processing (in the main
method).

The following if statement never evaluates to true:

if (shortopt == -1) {
break;
}

So squeezeslave never exits the 'while (true)' argument processing
loop.

In fact, even if I explicitly set shortopt to -1, it still doesn't
evaluate to true. Hopefully, you will know what this means. Because I
don't.

Anyway, the best news is that if I bypass argument parsing (change the
above to 'if (true)', it runs, connects, and plays fine. In fact, I'm
listening to it now, sounds great.

Of course, it's a bit crippled as is - hopefully there's a better way.

Thanks,

Nathaniel

--
pukekawa