Hey,

I recently found GeekTool and want to use it to show the currently
playing song on my desktop.

I wrote a simple Perl script that gets this data via the telnet
interface simply issuing a "current_title ?" command.

This works fine while playing songs from the library, but when it comes
to the LastFM Plugin it will show what the playlist shows, namely sth.
like 'Recommended Titles' or 'Neighbors'.

I didn't yet find a way to get to the information displayed in the
player control section above the playlist, the meta data of the
currently playing song as retrieved by lastfm.com!

I grep'ed through the whole slimserver folder for "addDispatch" to find
any commands that could be useful, tried an awful lot of commands but
found nothing.

Is there a way to get this information via CLI commands?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,
Thomas

--