I knew that in Vista things were a bit different - but I had not
realised that it could act as control point/renderer.
I managed to work out why it wasn't doing it for me (VMWare involved in
my problem) - might help others.

>From WMP11 in Vista
Tools/Options/Library/Configure Sharing...
At which point I was getting an error saying:
Media sharing is currently disabled ... (and more)
I know that it is not disabled - because I am access the Vista machine
through the built-in UPnP-AV server.
The reason that this part of Vista has decided that it is disabled is
because I have VMWare on the machine and Vista has marked the VMWare
network as "Public Network". I changed it to "Private network" (although
this change did not survive a reboot) and I could then set the field
"Find media that others are sharing"

I can see other UPnP server (e.g. TVersity) - but I cannot see my UPnP
players - i.e. via the control point function

Where in Vista WMP11 should I see them so that I can "Play To" through
them?
(The devices can see the regular Vista UPnP-AV server and are
authorised by MAC address)

--
Paul Webster

Paul Webster