The default setup of mplayer.sh uses /dev/fd/3 as the device to pipe
output from mplayer to SC and on your system mplayer cannot open this
device.

There is a fix to mplayer.sh in 2.5 for Ubuntu for accessing /dev/fd/3
but it does not seem to work for your systems.  I tried to find out what
is ahppening and it looks like /dev/fd/3 is in use by another process
before mplayer. If that is the case then this may the cause of your
problem.

So test this - I suggest using /dev/fd/4 instead of /dev/fd/3 as 4 does
not seem to be in use.

To change device number requires changes to two AlienBBC files in
/var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Alien.  The
custom-convert.conf and Bin/mplayer.sh

1. Change the /dev/fd/3 to /dev/fd/4 on the 4 RTSP lines of
custom-convert.conf

Code:
--------------------

  [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -bandwidth 10000000 -cache 128
-af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:file=/dev/fd/3

--------------------

2. Change the reference to "3" to "4" in mplayer.sh

Code:

        exec 3>&1
        sleep 0.1

You will need to restart SC to get the custom-convert.conf change take
effect.  As before a log of the mplayer output is needed to see if
access to /dev/fd/4 worked or not.

--
bpa