>After debugging a problem with a user the only conclusion was that it
>just doesn't work when SC is a service.

I disagree with that conclusion - it works for me with SbS running as a service.

>To test audio capture from the card - the following command should
>capture PC audio into a file called audio.mp3.  Depending on the version
>of lame you may or may not need the "-x" option.
>
>wavin2cmd.exe -o wavin:0 | lame -x - audio.mp3

I tried this and it didn't work, so I realised that my problem wasn't with the
plugin, but the sound card settings.  I discovered that the recording device
had been changed to only record Microphone input.  As soon as I changed that
back to the appropriate mixer control, it worked fine.

Thanks,
Phil