jimwillsher;442118 Wrote:

> apt-get install ia32-libs
>
> allows the shipped version of flac to run on a 64-bit system.
>
> Jim

Jim, bpa, everyone that helped here, THANK YOU sooo MUCH!

The above link to flac solved my problem too! :)  I upgraded to Jaunty
last week and thought I'd move to amd64 bit Ubuntu whilst at it.
I'd almost given up getting my ALienBBC to actually produce sound. It
worked in all other respects, just no damn sound.

Incidentally I was on Squeezecenter 7.3.3 too, but I just upgraded to
7.3.4 before seeing this post.  I upgraded by switching from
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com stable main
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com testing main

I needn't have bothered! :)

And thanks for the ia32-libs tip, I was wondering why my SJPhone and
super_pi binaries were pretending to not be there.  I thought it was a
64-bit issue; now I am sure of it, and I have a solution too! :)

Anyway, I can't thank you all enough!!! I was really missing ALienBBC
radio!

And phew, that looked like quite a tough one to crack!

Thanks again!

--
tricia