I've tried the mediamonmkey plugin.

I'm not entirely sure how the link to the script works.
With the run script automatically checked. is the idea every time a
play is recorded the script is triggered? Can we test it as being used
that way, perhaps. How do you get the complete file. do you trigger a
scan? I'm a bit lost.

I do not know how to trigger the script From SC to try it out. I have
had the run automatically ticked however there is no result.

I posted the problem to the MM forums in regards to running the script
externally. they have recommended i put the following code at the start
of the script.

Dim SDB, WSHShell, MMpath, Command, Result
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Result = WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey")
If Not(Result) Then
MMpath =
WSHShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaMonkey_is1\InstallLocation")
If MMpath <> "" Then
Command = Chr(34)&MMpath&"mediamonkey.exe"&Chr(34)
Result = WSHShell.Run(Command,1,0)
While WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey") = False
Wend
End If
End If

Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")

SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect = true

In addition i am still getting the problem of the HIST file including
my whole library. I noticed it starts to build after the scanning
process is done. FYI i have the amazon,  custom tag, last fm, mixed and
rating mosdule set to scan.

--
Volition