bluegaspode;455285 Wrote:

> Couldn't you just make your syntax easier, so one can leave the
> subdevice blank ? The default to use depends on the NEC-flavour, in
> NECx2 the device just has to be sent twice, in NEC2 + 48-NEC the default
> will be the complement of the device.
Some use the complement of device for subdevice (like your amp), some
send device twice (like my TV) whilst others have a subdevice that is
completely seperate to the device (like my DVD player).  You are right
though that these represent distinct protocols and I need to either
implement them as such or have another parameter in the NEC syntax to
specify which flavour is to be used. A blank subdevices field couldn't
distinguish between the first two flavours.  48-NEC looks to have an
extra parameter tagged on the end also so the calling syntax does need
to be revised somehow. I was just being lazy and lumped them all
together into a mashed up protocol that worked for my devices!

I've tended to ignore the repeat codes defined in the protocol because
the SBC cannot send them out with completely accurate timing as it has
to do other things aswell.  This can lead to "holes" in the signal and
the device can stop responding as it forgets what the original code was
before the repeat code. Instead I just repeat the whole thing so that
holding a button on the SBC is actually mimicing pressing it repeatedly
(and very quickly) on the real remote.  I think it shouldn't make a
difference but may mean that things like volume control are a bit jerky.
If the device doesn't use a special repeat code then there is no
difference.

Another limitation is SqueezeIR can only really deal with constant
length codes as I use a timer to send the codes every x ms.  With a
variable length code x will be different for each code.  I'm looking to
address this in the next major release.

--
indifference_engine