Has there been any progress on this issue of XM Radio and Squeezebox?

My father is interested in dumping his XM boombox (with satellite
antenna) and finding something to feed XM into his home stereo system
and saving the spece the boombox is taking up in his shelf.

I have a SB and a Boom so am investigating whether these can finally
tune XM Radio, preferably without SqueezeCenter (he doesn't have a
full-time network server running, but does have net-connected PCs).

He doesn't need a Squeezebox solution specifically, so if anybody knows
of another XM device to feed his amplifier, we're open to that idea too.
He's fairly sophisticated with PCs and networking but at 80 years of
age really isn't seeking out complexity - he'd just like to have his XM
favorites on a full system.

Thanks for any help.

--
JimInPT