Hi Michael,

Thanks for all the effort you put into SlimNAS - it is most
appreciated.

I'm an inexperienced *nix user but have successfully used FreeNAS 0.69
for two years with SlimNAS.  I recently upgraded to FreeNAS 0.7RC2 and
had a few issues, but ended up OK.  I though I should list them out for
other newbies like me.

1. slimnas-install.sh assumes that the SlimNas distribution is called
slimnas.tgz.  I had to rename from slimnas-1.4.99.tgz to slimnas.tgz -
this isn't documented on the website
2. Ensure that ownership and attributes are correct.  If all else
fails, owner=root, group=wheel, attrib=777 for both the slimnas folder
and the 3 files
3. A reboot was required as the Squeezebox Server didn't start after 15
minutes

Other than that, it was all very simple.

Cheers!

c0utta

--
c0utta