mherger;465183 Wrote:
> How do you install the slimnas package?

I originally tried slimnas 1.3.0 before I knew it didn't work with
freenas 0.7x a couple of weeks ago.  I then uninstalled it when I saw
you had a new version out (thanks!!) using the web interface and deleted
all files / directories in my slimnas directory.   I proceeded then to
installing using the instructions on your site:

1. Download Squeezebox Server from the SlimDevices/Logitech web site in
the "noCPAN" or "no-cpan-arch" flavour.
2. Get the latest SlimNAS distribution.
3. Get the SlimNAS installation script.
4. Create a share ("Mount Point") following the FreeNAS instructions,
make it available through the protocol of your choice (CIFS/SMB for
Windows).
5. Open the above share, create a sub folder "slimnas" and copy all
three files in there.
6. Make sure the SlimNAS file is called slimnas.tgz (rename it if
needed)
7. Go to the FreeNAS administration web page.
8. Open "Advanced/Command"
9. Execute "/bin/sh /mnt/YourShareHere/slimnas/slimnas-install.sh" -
this will take a few seconds (or minutes...). You'll hopefully see
something like this:

The only differences were I already had my mount points and for steps 8
and 9 I ssh'd into my freenas box using the root account and executed
the script that way.  I did get feedback saying everything went
smoothly.  I don't know if you read from previous replies, but I have an
RSS extension and both it and slimnas disappear from the extensions list
when I reboot.  I am just guessing that it may be a sign of bigger
problems.

--
elightbo