bluegaspode;465050 Wrote:
> Technically its not difficult at all ... the problem is: where to get a
> radar image from (which I'm allowed to use). If you find a site which
> provides a free to use radar-image I'm happy to get more information.
>
> Wunderground (and most other weathersites) unfortunately don't allow to
> create derivative works that just uses their data or images.
> Wunderground has one exception which includes all data from their
> data-feed (http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML), that's why
> I'm able to show some data at all :)

I don't know if this is viable or if you would want to, but in the
configuration page you could allow the user to specify the url of a .jpg
they would like to use for their radar.  That way you wouldn't be in
violation, if the user wanted to specify a site that technically does
not allow derivative works.  I dont think the squeezebox community is
big enough for TWC or WU to build an applet.  I would probably use a
local TVs website as i like their radar the best :)

--
vw195