> Michael, I believe archive is ok - I was able to extract it w/out any
> issues on mac.. besides, I tried other archives - it cannot be that all
> of them are corrupted

I only see the output you sent, and that says that the file's header was
corrupted, doesn't it? Maybe some other tar versions are less sensitive to
headers or similar. But that failure is responsible for the bad behaviour of
the install script. Ok, some lazy programming on my side helped a bit too :-).
But files which give that response will not install, even when my homework is
done.