Can SrvrPowerCtrl be configured to switch players to an alternate local
server when the master server shuts down? I haven't used SrvrPowerCtrl
yet, mainly because my current DVR/Squeeze server doesn't support WOL.
But I also would not want to switch to SqueezeNetwork/MySqueezebox --
mainly because I'm addicted to SuperDateTime on my SB Classics.

I'm building a new server, and revisiting the possibility of using
SrvrPowerCtrl. I'd love it if I could run a second instance of SC/SBS on
a lower power machine (probably a SB Touch running SBS 7.5 on which I
would install a few must-have plugins like SuperDateTime and Auto Dim)
and have SrvrPowerCtrl push all the players to that SBS instance when
the main server shuts down. I'd then use the SrvrPowerCtrl custom menus
to give myself an option to wake up the "big" server and pull the
clients back to it.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver ContextMenu FuzzyTime KidsPlay
KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock