Roger66;476731 Wrote:
> Oh, I didn't mean SCPowertool.exe, this file is clear for me, I meant
> *SCCLITool.exe* !
SCCLITool.exe is a helper application.  You are right, it's not
strictly necessary for SrvrPowerCtrl.  It's job is to make it easy for
windows users to issue CLI requests to Squeezebox Server via batch
files.  Other operating systems (linux, osx) include the nc 'netcat'
utility which fills this purpose.  SCCLITool.exe was my attempt to level
the playing field for windows users.

So, for instance, if you wanted to disable SrvrPowerCtrl between the
hours of 10:00 and 14:00, you could write two simple batch files that
use SCCLITool.exe to set and clear SrvrPowerCtrl blocks.  You could then
use the built-in windows command scheduler so that those batch files got
automatically executed at the appropriate times. SCCLITool.exe is useful
enough that I think it's worth including in the collection, even if not
everyone uses it.

--
gharris999