Just added BB iPlayer to the set-up detailed below, and it seems to work
pretty well.

Comments:

a) iPlayer seems to have solved the constant rebuffering that I have
been getting using Alien to play live streams.

b) iPlayer output is definitely a notch quieter than the Alien
equivalent.

c) I'm sometimes getting oddities in getting iPlayer audio (Live, or
Listen Again) to start up.  If I want to play direct from the iPlayer
menu, I now usually have to go right to the very furthest menu item to
get the Play icon to work. (eg, the Play icon alongside "BBC Radio 7"
under Home > BBC iPlayer > Listen Live *doesn't* start the audio.  I
need to go one level further to Home > BBC iPlayer > Listen Live > BBC
Radio 7 (where the logo and URL appear) to get the Play icon to work).
Also, I save all my live radio streams as playlists (indeed my Playlist
folder is called "Radio", and has only my radio faves in it....):
sometimes the Play icon under playlists works, sometimes it
doesn't......

d) The change in Alarm behavior is very annoying - but I'm going to
raise that in a separate thread.

--
agbagb

AGB

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.3.3 - 27044 (was: 7.3.2 - 24695) under Vista.
2 x SB3s, wireless, usually in sync. (Firmware 127 [was 123] on both)
LinkSys WRT54GX2 / SRX 200 Router, WPA2.
Controller 7.3 r6038 (was:7.3 r3993)