I guess at this point we should assume Hugh is done updating Inguz to
the umpteen software upgrades?

If this is so, we have a few options - downgrade to 7.3 forever, find
new benefactor(s)to figure out how Inguz works now and carry the torch
with future upgrades, or lobby Logitech to incorporate some/all of
Inguz' function as an official component.

My druthers would be the last option - convince Logitech of the merits
of being at the front of this crucial function.  To keep it simple, we
could start with the EQ only, then see if integrating DRC is within
reach.

I've done a lot of DRC, having owned three different models of TacT
preamps over a couple of years.  My humble opinion is that most of what
can be done with DRC is achievable with a parametric EQ and simple
measurement tools.  This solution equals way less signal manipulation
and processing power.

I'm not advocating against DRC, just saying Logitech might be more
amenable to bite-sized chunks instead of a large undertaking.

I'd really like to keep this topic alive and to get as many people
behind it as possible.

Thoughts?

--
miklorsmith