pippin;478748 Wrote:
> That's what the "artistsort" tag should do.
> iPeng respects SC's sorting.

No wonder I wasn't aware of the "artistsort" tag - it appears that
MediaMonkey, which I've been using to rip & tag, doesn't recognize
"artistsort".  I tried tagging a couple of albums via iTunes and MP3tag,
rescanned my library, and "artistsort" was indeed recognized by
SC/iPeng. Sweet!

Unfortunately this seems to complicate things even more for me, since
there doesn't seem to be a single program that rips & tags in the way
I'd like.  (I don't like iTunes for several reasons.)  But this isn't a
iPeng/SC issue, so I'll seek help elsewhere on that.

Thanks to all who replied.

--
remblues