I am a SB newbie. For the last few days I have been waiting for my SB
Receiver to arrive. In my excitement about the SB device I registered on
mysqueezebox.com and downloaded the sb server exe to my laptop. I
installed it and ran the sb server interface and saw that i could
install softsqueeze or squeezeplay. I installed squeezeplay and it
worked perfectly. I added XM plugin and lots of apps. I was thrilled. I
started writing some Crestron code to control it via my "whole house
control system and GUI".

My equipment cabinets in the closet contain:

12 Marantz sr6001 AV receivers
1 Crestron Pro2 Control System (I am a SB newbie. For the last few days
I have been waiting for my SB Receiver to arrive. In my excitement about
the SB device I registered on mysqueezebox.com and downloaded the sb
server exe to my laptop. I installed it and ran the sb server interface
and saw that i could install softsqueeze or squeezeplay. I installed
squeezeplay and it worked perfectly. I added XM plugin and lots of apps.
I was thrilled. I started writing some Crestron code to control it via
my "whole house control system and GUI".

My equipment cabinets in the basement contain:

-------------
12 Marantz sr6001 AV receivers
http://us.marantz.com/689.asp?category=AV&model=SR6001&go.x=18&go.y=9

1 Crestron Pro2 Control System
http://www.crestron.com/products/show_products.asp?jump=1&model=pro2

2 DishNetwork DSS receivers

1 Bluray Disk player

1 Dvd Player

1 Wii

1 Crestron CEN-TRACK AM/FM/XM Tuner Rack

1 Video Storm 16x16 HDTV/Multichan Audio Matrix Switcher
http://www.video-storm.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CMX1616V

1 Security Camera IP Camera DVR

3 Squeezebox Receivers (future)

1 DSL Modem

1 DLINK DNS-323 NAS (stores files, music, etc)

1 Lenovo ThinkCenter (a dedicated Squeezebox Server)

2 Netgear 24 port switches
------------------------------------

The crestron PRO2 control processor has a progam (that I programmed).
And this PRO2 processor controls the 12 AV REceivers, the 16x16 AV
Matrix Switcher, the Cen-Track, the 3 Squeezebox Receivers, the IP
Security Camera DVR, the BluRay player, Dvd player, DSS Receivers.

Here are the rooms in the house and what they contain:

Master Bedroom - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
Master Sitting - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
Bedroom 1 - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
Guest Bedroom - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
His Office - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
Her Office - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
Garage - 4 speakers
Living Room - 2  speakers in wall
Family Room - 7.1 Surround speakers in wall, 1 Plasma TV
Dining Room - 2 speakers in wall
Powder Room - 1 speaker
Master Bath - 3 speakers, 1 Plasma
Foyer - 1 speaker
Kitchen - 2 speakers, 1 LCD
Bathroom One - 1 speaker
Bathroom Two - 2 speakers

All the in-wall speakers and plasmas home run directly into the
equipment room cabinets and terminate at the AV Receivers (speakers) and
the Video Switcher (plasmas and lcds).

All the rooms have a TPMC4X in wall touch screen controller that
controls lighting, music, satellite, bluray, climate, security, etc.

Rooms with Tvs also have a handheld TPMC3X wand remote that allows the
user to control lighting, music, satellite, bluray, climate, security,
etc. But normally these handheld remotes just control music and
satellite.

The Squeezebox Receivers will simply be sources that will be
controlled. They are just filling the need for music in the system. The
in wall speakers are used for many things, like announcing Caller ID
when somebody calls, intercom to the front door visitor, watching TV,
listening Squeezebox, watching Bluray, watching Youtube, Home
Automation, etc.

I do not need the SB handheld remote, or any SB UI because Crestron
will always be controlling my SB receivers.

Since I have been using it for a few days, I really love the squeezebox
community, it seems the best in the world. And I love the open
architecture.  I finally found out why I need to buy the SB Receivers,
it is because the sound card on PCs have buffering issues that cause the
audio to sound very slow motion because of buffer/timing issues.

--
huytere