erland;502050 Wrote:
> Are you saying that an older last played time in iTunes overwrites a
> newer last played time in SBS during import ?
> That's not supposed to happen, the import should ignore any play times
> that's older in iTunes than in SBS. It should also ignore any play
> counts that's lower in iTunes than in SBS.
>
> Or are you talking about exporting statistics from SBS to iTunes ?
>
> Besides the above logic that should work there isn't any other way to
> just synchronize ratings.

Hi Erland

the way you have explaIned should be fine. I didn't understand there
was no overwriting logic. I guess I wasn't seeing tracks replayed, it
just felt like that! It might have been down to duplicates in my
library. I'll keep an eye on it. I have now amended my dynamic playlist
logic to cut out duplicates (I have a keyword in comments I now exclude
against)

thanks for the help

CW

--
Chunkywizard

*Squeezebox:* Boom x2 (Lounge and Kitchen), Radio *Squeezecenter:* 7.4.2
for Windows Home Server (HP EX-475 MediaSmart Server with 2GB RAM
upgrade)
*Plugins:* Dynamic Playlists 2.8.1 | SQL Playlist 2.5 | Music
Information Screen 4.4.5 | Custom Scan 2.7.4 | TrackStat 2.10
*Remote:* iPod Touch Gen. 1 running 'iPeng'
(http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/11/25/ipeng-application-now-on-app-store/)