Hi all,

I'm getting a little confused...

I've followed the various wiki pages, but I'm still not clear on what
the difference is between the Validation function, provided by the web
interface to the MusicIP server, and Analysis, as carried out by the
MusicIP application or through GenPUID.

Can anyone give me a clear explanation of the difference?

I've been using MIP headless for a few years now.  I just recently
completely rebuilt by music server.  Unfortunately, I missed some vital
files to backup, which has meant I've needed to install MusicIP from
scratch.

The first time I had MIP installed, I scanned my music library using
the MIP application, but when I subsequently added new music, I did this
through the MIP server web interface - using "Add Music", then clicking
the "Validate" button.  This would take a few minutes, then when I
refreshed the music library on SlimServer/SqueezeBoxServer, these songs
would appear, and would be MIP mixable.

So I've assumed all this time, that "Validate" served the same purpose
as "Analyse".   Is that wrong?  Is the fact that these songs appeared is
MIP mixable not accurate?

Thanks
Chris.

--