Hi guys,

Has anybody looked at the mufin player?  It seems to work in a similar
vein to MusicIP, ie fingerprinting music and then using a seed track to
lineup similar tracks.

Been playing with the basic version recently and the results are pretty
good, though I've noticed a few issues with it, ie. seems built around
working from a music source based on a local drive rather than a NAS.
Plus the obvious no API or external prodding ability.  I'm also assuming
it works offline when no internet connection is present.

Has anybody looked at mufin in detail?  I've noticed that it stores its
data in a Firebird database structure.  So wondering whether its
possible to open this db and maybe try and determine any obvious linkage
between similar tracks that you could build a plugin against based on a
backup of the database or something.

Not sure if its better than MusicIP but you know its a new toy ;)

Cheers

--
cparker

www.spicefly.com - Visit for an enhanced Interface for MusicIP and
integration tips and tricks, Plugin coding tips, Spicefly SugarCube the
MIP AutoDJ plugin and SpiceyWeather an animated weather forecast plugin!