Kuja;524757 Wrote:
> Thanks Toby!
>
> I'm aware of brutefir's existence...
>
> I would prefer to stay with XP, since this is not a SqueezeCenter
> computer only.
> I use it for email (Eudora), torrents, etc.
> I also manage my music collection with it, rip CDs (EAC), use
> dBpoweramp to convert between formats... Cue splitters, CoolEdit Pro...
> I would have to find replacements for all of this software and to
> configure everything ...and I know nothing about Linux.
>
> Can brutefir be ported in some way, so that it can be used with XP?
> That would be so great. :)
>
> .

The windows software you mentioned will run on Ubuntu with Wine.

Eudora:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7225

dBPoweramp:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1622

Cooledit Pro:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=19

However the alternative versions aren't hard to find.  Many of them you
don't even need to find, they come built-in.

I highly recommend giving Ubuntu a try. :)

--
SuperQ