profota;526346 Wrote:

> I know things are getting worse because when I try custom clock the
> screensaver mode never goes into effect.
> Is there a way to start over from step 1 ?

If you configure my testing repository in SBS, you can install the
"Settings Remover" applet and then goto "Settings/Advanced/Settings
Remover/Applet Settings/CustomClock.lua" to remove the Custom Clock
settings file and restore the settings for Custom Clock to their default
values.

The testing repository can be found here:
http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/svn/repository/trunk/testing.xml

The alternative to use the "Settings Remover" applet is to do a Factory
Reset of the Controller but that requires you to change ALL controller
settings so I wouldn't suggest that you do this unless it's absolutely
necessary. If you are familiar with ssh another alternative is to login
with ssh and remove the file
"/etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/CustomClock.lua" and restart, this
is what the "Settings Remover" applet does.

After that you should be able to reproduce the procedure, like:

On the Controller:
1. on the controller "choose player" screen I chose "controller".
2 clicked "screensavers"
3 chose "when playing"
4 "custom clock settings"
5 clicked "config #1"
6 picked "digital clock "white text"
7 Make sure some music is playing
8 make sure screen saver is active and shown

On SB server:
9 went to SB server
10 chose player "controller"
11 went to "advanced" and chose "custom clock helper"
12 clicked "style" and select the same style as in point 6
13 Create a new "items" and chose "itemtype" tracktext"
14 Apply
15 In the "text" attribute, enter "ALBUM - ARTIST - TITLE"
16 Apply
17 Adjust the "posx" and "posy" attributes to move the text where you
like it
18 Apply

In point 14, 16, 18 you should see the screen saver on the Controller
quickly blink when it adjust the style accodring to your new settings.

I plan to include a bundled style with now playing information in a
future version of Custom Clock to make this a bit easier.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))