chris.mason;507437 Wrote:
> I am running MIP headless on Linux, its part of the MIP package which
> contains both the MIP application and the server component.
>
> The only reason to run the MIP application is to create filters for MIP
> headless to use (should have mention that before, probably would have
> made things clearer).
>
> I like to create a number of different filters for MIP to use.  A good
> example : Exclude anything tagged as "Christmas".

The quest for this 'use case' is exactly how I ended up finding this
thread. I used MIP & SqueezeCenter on Windows for a few years but have
just switched them back to Linux. I completely forgot about the filters
I had set up until Christmas tunes starting appearing in mixes...

I can't get the MusicMagicMixer 1.8 gui to run on Linux yet - it's
complaining about NativeEngine.

acodr...@mythbackend:~/MusicIP$ ./MusicMagicMixer
Cannot load library: NativeEngine

Any and all hints about how to create a filter on Linux with the MIP
v1.8 software, or how to get past the NativeEngine problem would be
heartily welcomed.

--
acodring