mherger;530605 Wrote:
> > I've released a beta version of a new Song Info plugin. It adds a new
> > CLI/JSON command to the server that makes it possible to retrieve
> > additional information about a song, artist or album. The Album Flow
> > applet uses this to get images, for example artist images from the
> > LastFM web site.
>
> Is this plugin in any way related to the TrackInfo et al. menus? Sounds
> like there's a similar idea, but different implementations? Is the main
> difference that SongInfo allows to fetch that information from
> anywhere, not only the track context menu?

I suppose you could look at it as an abstraction layer on top of the
Slim::Menu::*Info menus.

The idea is that information providers should be able to focus on
getting the information and shouldn't have to care how and where it is
displayed.

The Song Info plugin will:
- Show the information provided in TrackInfo, ArtistInfo or AlbumInfo
menus depending if the provided information is related to a track,
artist or album.
- Make the information available over CLI/JSON for external
applications and applets, for example Moose and the Album Flow applet.
- Provide a generic configuration web interface so the information
providers doesn't have to create its own settings page if it just want
to let the user specify a integer or string parameter.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))