The chmod solution you have used is not a good one and can be considered
a security risk as those apps can do a lot of general actions and are
used by other apps.  You have enabled these apps to bypass security and
can do destructive actions without restriction.  It would have been
better to configure your audio system without resorting to this.

I know of the bug.  The problem is timing as there is one process still
using the audio streams when you start trying to play a second station.
The first process has not terminated and still "owns" the device when
the second tries to use the same device and so fails.  I tried some
solutions but couldn't find a simple reliable one - the bug is not
critical and so I decided not to put in any more effort.

--
bpa