I am using Custom Browse to create two menus in specific that involve a
comment field scanned in using Custom Scan.

The two menus essentially involve a comment tag that represents
Sub-Genres for my music that exist for each mp3 file in my collection.

The problem I am having is that this comment field is a multi-valued
field that often has multiple values.  These values are split by a /
(I've also used a ; ).

Now what happens with Custom Browse, is that only the first value in
that field is recognized in my menus.  For example:

MP3 files for the album "Are You Experienced?" have the sub-genre tag
as follows:

Classic Rock/Psychedelic/Album Rock

When I browse my custom menus that use this tag, the album only shows
up under "Classic Rock", presumably because it is the first value in
that field. The other two values do not show that album.  Now if I am
playing a song from that album, the info and tags show the full tag as
shown above, so Custom Scan has read in the full fields. It just seems
that somewhere along the way only the first sub-genre is used in
developing my menus.

One menu uses the "genre sub-genre" menu as a basis, and the other uses
a "custom scan" menu as a basis (to start at sub-genre directly).

So the question(s):

1. Is there something I need to do to make the custom tag recognized by
custom browse (or even the server settings) as multiple values, so that
the album shows up under each possible setting? Perhaps I need to use a
different menu as a starting point?

2. Is this something that Custom Browse can't handle at the moment?

3. Is there something I could do to work around this that Custom Browse
can handle?  Perhaps I can use multiple custom tags for each sub-genre
value  rather than one tag with all the sub-genres?  Perhaps a
different tag could be used (e.g. mood, which I don't really use for
anything anyway).

Anyway, I look forward and thank any suggestions that come out of this.
I really love the Custom Browse and Custom Scan plugins and use Custom
Browse exclusively for all my duet use.

Erik

--
emalvick