Hi Ralphy, I am not sure if there is anything that can be done here but
I have some more information on this, not sure its useful information
but more information none the less.

I have managed to configure things so that pulseaudio appears to
working as it should. I am now, as an example, able to start up vlc,
xbmc and rhythmbox at the same time and play audio through them,
pulseaudio seems to just blend everything as you would expect...
however, if I then run squeezeslave, even if its only with -L the
system stops putting out audio completely and the only way to rectify
it is to reboot. if I look at the pulsevolumecontrol app I can see
audio streams being sent to the pulse server but nothing comes out of
the speakers.

The issue seems specific to squeezelave, is there anywhere in the sys
logs that would be worth checking to maybe find out what its doing to
pulse to cause the problem? (I have a newly compiled binary by the
way). running within padsp seems to have no impact either, the result
is the same.

Thanks alot for all the work you do on this app by the way, I have been
using it on windows for years now, its fantastic (linux will be the
death if me I think!)

thanks
Paul

--