Philip Meyer;555145 Wrote:
> >This is one of those plugins that's totally going to change how I
> >find new music and listen to it.
> >
> I use Spotify to try some music for a new band that I have heard of
> somewhere else, but don't use it to discover new artists/albums.  i.e.
> I find it good for when I know what I am looking for.

Since this is pretty new, I haven't used Spotify much yet, I got my
premium account last week when I got the beta from Triode. The main
advantage as I see it is that I can listen to something directly on my
main music listening system to see if I like it, without Spotify I have
to use illegal methods to download music files or preview the 30 first
seconds with bad audio quality through laptop speakers.

I think "Similar Artists" has most potential to actually find
completely new music and possibly also "What's New" and the "Top
Artists/Albums/Tracks" functionality.

I think it's going to reach is true potential when it's somewhat more
integrated with my main music library, so I can select similar artists
from Spotify to one of the artists I already have in my local library.
Possibly an integration with LastFM similar artists functionality might
also make sense, I'm not sure how good the Spotify similar artists
functionality are yet.

The Spotify plugin currently don't have a year or genre browse method,
but if that's possible it would be a great enhancement if the genre
information is good enough. Currently the plugin supports "Whats New",
"Top xxx" and search for Albums, Artists and Tracks.

I think US and possibly also UK users somtimes forget that LastFM
streaming and Pandora streaming where similar functionality already is
available isn't supported in all countries, for example not where I
live.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))