Philip Meyer;559217 Wrote:
> Stereo library = all music except multi-channel songs
> Multi-channel library = all music except albums marked specifically as
> stereo songs.
>
> i.e. you could add a custom tag MULTICHANNEL=1 to multi-channel songs,
> and where you have duplicate songs in stereo format, add
> MULTICHANNEL=0.  For all other normal albums, don't add the custom
> tag.
>
> Then you could define the stereo library to contain all music EXCEPT
> where tag MULTICHANNEL=1, and the multichannel library to contain all
> music EXCEPT where MULTICHANNEL=0.
>
> Not sure if there is an easy way to implement a library to choose based
> on a tag.  You can do it by writing custom SQL, and I think there's
> perhaps a way to use a custom skip filter.

Hi Phil, thanks for persevering.

Funnily enough, I just tried this. I had to set up 5 libraries though
to get it to (sort of - more later) work. I set up the following:

1 - Standard library with all music in it
2 - Custom Tag library with MULTICH=1
3 - Custom Tag library with MULTICH=-1 (I used -1 instead of 0)
4 - Dependent library = (1) - (3) for the Lounge
5 - Dependent library = (1) - (2) for the Bedroom

What didn't seem to work was setting library 4 as active for the player
in the Lounge and library 5 for the player in the Bedroom. I was under
the impression the active library (under Extras - Multi-Library) was
player specific not global. Which is correct?

Also, when setting up a library, there are the tick boxes for which
included menu items to use. I thought that ticking these would replace
the standard menu items with ones that access the custom library? But
all I got when I browsed Albums was the standard SBS list of all
albums.

Philip Meyer;559217 Wrote:
> I do a similar thing, but by using a include directory path for
> multi-channel music.  i.e. I store multi-channel music in a different
> path to my normal music, and then define a Surround Sound library that
> only includes music from that path.
>
> You could have 3 folders:
> 1. multi-channel only.
> 2. stereo version of albums in (1).
> 3. All other music.
>
> And then make two libraries: (1)+(3) and (2)+(3).
>
> You could alternatively do a similar thing using special genre tags
> (eg. GENRE=Surround Sound or GENRE=Stereo).
>
> Phil

I'm wondering if the genre method isn't the easier way, and will bear
this in mind if I can't find a way to get the above to work.

--
Mr_Orange