danco;566495 Wrote:
> Right at the very bottom of the the SvrPowerControl settings is a
> section called Custom Commands, offering four spaces for commands and
> their labels. Create a script, and put the path to it in the right hand
> box, and give it a name in the left hand box. Then it will appear in the
> menu.
>
> In the Idle Payer Monitor section of the settings you can set the idle
> time. It looks to me as though it is currently set for 15 minutes. And
> for that period of time SPC will regard the Squeezebox as not idle and
> run the not-idle script once a minute. I didn't know that the on-idle
> script seems to be run every five minutes.
>
> You could always just power off the SB.

Thanks Danco.  I'm running v20090615.00 of the plugin and my settings
screen has On-WakeUpActions  and then Restore Default Settings as the
last two items on the settings page.  No sign of Custom Commands.  Any
ideas?

I turned off the player screensaver to see if that was causing the
issue and all players are switched off (but still plugged into the
mains).

I'd set the allowed idle time to 5 minutes for testing purposes.  What
seems to be happening is that every 5 minutes the onidle script is run
(in my case calling jigstop.sh) correctly.   The problem is that  the
server continues to call  every minute (seemingly incorrectly)  the
notidle script - in my case jigstart.sh - even though it has previously
decided that it is idle.   My thought is perhaps there is a bug such
that the notidle monitor doesn't correctly identify the notidle state.
This would not be an issue to most people so long as the action on idle
is to power down, hibernate or suspend since in that case plugin would
immediately stop running. My setup causes the problem to become
apparent - the plugin correctly spots the server is idle after the 5
minutes have elapsed and stops jiggler. Unfortunately the server
remains running and then every one minute it runs the notidle script
restarting jiggler.  If I had set the server to shut down when it had
been idle for 5 minutes, I would be  unaware of any problem.

Gordon - no reply expected unless you particularly feel like it.

--
shawje