Hi there,

I use a QNAP-TS109II NAS which has a 500 MHz and 128 MB memory to run
SBS 7.5.1 for a Squeezebox-Duet system.

Performance is acceptable although somewhat slow when accessing
"Albums" from the built-in Music menu on the controller.

I have a DB of about 2000 CDs and thought it would help if I use
MultiLibrary and Custom Browse. I installed it and divided my Library
in two (Classical and Other (dependant lib) as instructed on the WiKi
page.

I then setup a custom browse menu to show only the albums from the
"Other" sub-library. When I try to browse these albums the CPU-usage
goes through the roof. I suspect this is SQL causing heavy swapping. It
is so bad that the streamed music is paused or tracks skipped.

Is it worthwhile to try and solve this problem by configuring SQL
differently (i.e. change the my.tt) as suggested in some threads?

Or is there another way of achieving better performance?
(other setup of Multilib or other parameters for SBS, nicelevel or
something like that)

I hope that SBS 7.6 will help, but given there is no release date it
could be some time.

Any ideas?
-thomas

--