Hi,

I guess this isn't a wave input question itself so much as a Windows
Audio question that will probably be seen only with the wave input
plugin.

I am playing with the wave input plugin, and I see some interesting
behavior that I'd like to correct.  I have two PCs, both are running
Windows 7.  One is a desktop with a realtek hd onboard soundcard and
I've installed squeezeserver and squeezeplay and all my audio
applications (itunes, pandora, audible....)  The other is just an old
desktop driving some speakers.

I would like to broadcast sound, sync'd around my apartment using
squeezeserver, and as I say, it almost works, except on my desktop
squeezeserver server, the sound there is about 4 seconds ahead of the
other machines.  The desktop server doesn't play *just* the squeezeplay
output on the speakers, it plays the raw wavin input on the speakers AND
THEN the squeezeplay output about 4 seconds later sync'd with everyone
else.  And I guess that makes some amount of sense, but I'd like to
stop the desktop from playing the raw input so everyone can play just
one sync'd signal.

That is, how do I tell my Windows 7 desktop to take the sound from
Media Player/Audible/iTunes/Web Browser and not to play it, but to play
through the speakers only the sound from SqueezePlay?  And how do I do
that and still make the wave in plugin work?

Thanks,

Jerry

Note:

The output of wavein2cmd.exe -l is:

"Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini..."
"Line In (Realtek High Definitio..."

Now it's not clear to me from that, which of those is wavin:0 and which
is wavin:1 and in fact, the order of those lines can change depending on
which device I set as the default device!?

So I set Stereo Mix as the default device, and tell all my players (in
a sync group) to play wavin:0, and they do, except for my desktop which
seems to play the raw audio input.

And if I tell all the players to switch to wavin:1, audio stops for a
second, and then picks up with no real difference in what they are
playing.

So there appears to be no difference between wavin:1 and wavin:0,
although if I use the Windows 7 Sound controller, and disable stereo
mix and enable line in, then as expected, the sound being broadcast and
played through the speakers is coming from line-in.

--
ja2038