esa;579942 Wrote:

> 5) is it possible to create a Dynamic playlist from one directory ( and
> maybe subdirectory).
> The solution using Multilibrary is not recomended to work with a NAS (
> resource issue ).
> I now a little SQL Query in MS world.
> But how can I connect to the SQL admin ?
> In my synology NAS, there is two instances of MySQL installed ( one
> from official pkg and one from the Squeeze center )
> I can connect to the First, but how to connect to the Squeeze SQL DB ?

I'm not sure how MySQL is installed on the Synology but if it works the
same as a standard installation you need to connect using port 9092. I
suspect remote connections might have been disabled to avoid security
holes, so you might need to edit the my.tt file manually.

You could also install the "Database Query" plugin and create a new
free form query and it enter the statement you like to try. This might
be easier instead of editing the my.tt file.

By the way, I suspect Multi Library plugin might work as long as you
don't install Custom Browse. I suspect Multi Library together with SQL
Playlist might not be that resource intensive, it should be Custom
Browse that uses most memory.

esa;579942 Wrote:

> - is it possible to display the genre, rating and number of play in the
> Squeezeplay or SqueezeTouch display ?
> Just near the tittle and not with the popup.
> I think, it is interesting to have such information directly on the
> main display, because I want to change the rating, if this is not
> correct. But, if I want to know the rating, I need to push and wait
> some time to have the informations and maybe correct it.
> Do you think, it is possible to do that ?

It's possible with Custom Clock applet but you have to design your own
now playing screen and it doesn't support touch screen. It only
displays stuff, there isn't any action buttons on it.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))