unclemat;582122 Wrote:
> I would, and I have been thinking about hacking it myself. Could you
> give me some pointers though were the artist name is being pulled from
> the server/database?

Generally, searching for "Slim::Utils::Unicode" should give you some
kind of idea where the problem might be.

The database access shouldbe handled in:
- Custom Browse/MenuHandler/SQLHandler.pm

There are also some additional conversions in Plugin.pm which might
cause problems.

The issue is to make it work correctly in all environments, it's
probably pretty easy to get it to work in your environment by adjusting
the Slim::Utils::Unicode calls, the problem is just that it's probably
going to break for somemone else. This is also why I'm a bit scared of
changing this, I've done a number of corrections over the last years
and fixing it in one place usually just breaks it for someone else.

I wonder if it might be related to which SBS version you use ?
Maybe it works in 7.3 but stops working in 7.4 or 7.5 ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))