eap;592702 Wrote:
> So I'm not clear why this is needed then.  Doesn't windows vista come
> with its own media sharing application (via Windows Media player)?
Windows does indeed come with a media player WMP. And if you have
version 12 thereof, it does indeed stream music to other players. But
WMP may use a different library/tagging structure than Squeezebox
server does, so it might appear in a different layout than your SC
library. And WMP does natively support the full range of types of music
files that SC does (e.g. flac, alac, ogg, etc.). And it does not support
playing to (Play To) Squeeze players.

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver