Still no random fallback on my rig but I have discovered something
else!

When MIP passed its track recommendations along to Sugarcube, it was
always limited to 10 recommendations. I always assumed this was part of
Sugarcubes coding - but it appears not :-)

Looking at Music Magic Server (WebUI on port 10002), the mix size was
set to 10. Changing it to 30 (for example) and updating settings then
presented 30 tracks to Sugarcube. Didn't sort out random track fallback
but did prevent any further situation where Sugarcube ended up with zero
tracks to choose from.

Hope that's of help to others.

Bob

--