I've been having problems with this, too, although I didn't notice it
until recently.

Previously, I had a Boom, and two Classics 3s and had been upgrading
each version of SBS as they were released, eventually arriving at
7.5.2.

Yesterday, I added a Touch to my network (temporarily replacing one of
my Classic 3s).

I reinstalled SBS from scratch (7.5.2), as well as the plugins I use,
including IR-Blaster 5.6.1.

I know IR Blaster will not work with Touch, but now it won't work with
my Classic 3 that I used to use it with, too. When I choose IR-Blaster
from the Player settings menu for my Classic 3, it jumps back to the
previous settings page. When I choose IR-Learning wizard, it shows
"This player does not support IR-Blaster functionality."

I know IR-Blaster doesn't work with Touch. I am trying to use it with
my Classic 3, which I have used the plugin successfully with before.

If this is a version-related problem, my previous install must have
survived the upgrades. It's only showing up now that I've done a clean
install of SBS 7.5.2 (and 7.5.1).

As a previous poster mentioned, maybe I'll try 7.5.0.

--
mbg