michi1911;599156 Wrote:

> 1. Is there an up-to-date manual?

The documentation that exists is this one:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Custom_Clock_applet

If you have further questions, just ask in the 3rd party plugins
section in the forum.

michi1911;599156 Wrote:

> 2. How can I localize the weather information (sdttext, sdtweathericon
> ...)?
> The displayed info is for sure not correct for my location!?

I assume you with "localize" are saying that you like it to show the
weather for your city ?
This is done in the SuperDateTime plugin settings in Squeezebox Server
Settings page.

I'm not sure what kind of documentation there is for the SuperDateTime
plugin but the developer at least have the following web page:
http://gregbrown.net/squeeze/superdatetime.htm

michi1911;599156 Wrote:

> 3. I'd like to show an RSS ticker...unfortunately something is blocking
> the RSS access!? Do you have any hint how to get debugging information
> about what is going wrong accessing RSS feeds!?

Try to enable debug logging on the Radio/Touch/Controller in
Settings/Advanced/Logging menu on the device, enable logging for any
log section that seems to be related to networking. You will get the
log entries in the /var/log/messages file on the
Radio/Touch/Controller, you can look at it by logging in to the
Touch/Radio/Controller via SSH.

I'm guessing you have tried that you can access the RSS feed from a
computer on the same network ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))