Aesculus;603706 Wrote:
> So now you are touching the second benefit, the first being the ability
> to tie the functions of the player with the funtions of the AVR.
>
> The secondary benefit is to use a common UI to control all aspects of
> playing music (music selection, player control and sound reproduction).
> For that I feel the best solution is a combination of using an iOS
> device (iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad) and the iPeng application along
> with this plugin.
>
> With this solution you only see one interface (iPeng) and everything in
> the solution responds to the user from that single interface.  You can
> get more info about iPeng from the Apple App Store or  this url:
>
> http://penguinlovesmusic.de/
>
> See how the plugin uses iPeng here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/denonavpcontrol/wiki/HowToUse
>
> No remote solution can accomplish what this solution does.  I am not
> aware of any equivelant solution from any vendor (ie SONOS) that is as
> complete.
>
> Note you might want to consider adding another player to your system
> that is hooked up to your AVR.  The SB Receiver was the best choice if
> you were going to use an iOS device but they seem to be in limited
> supply.  The SB Touch is probably the best device with todays
> availability although you may really never use the UI.  We still like
> to use the Touch because with this solution you can glace at the Touch
> display to see song/status and don't have to pick up the iOS device and
> probably enter pw to get access to the screen etc.  The SB Touch also
> has the highest bandwidth of the current SB Players for higher bitrate
> content you may aquire.

Thanks again Chris.  Yeah, I have considered adding a dedicated box to
my home theater.  I just have a hard time justifying the cost because I
can accomplish most of what I want to do with software running on my
media server in conjunction with my various clients in the house
(directv receiver, ps3 and denon). I may end up just moving my squeeze
radio to where the denon is after all. If nothing else this plugin
would come in handy when we're streaming music to the pool and want to
change the station via the iphone.  Thanks again!

--
muchgooder