JackOfAll;606394 Wrote:
> It's the replay gain process they apply that kills the quality. Well,
> that's my opinion anyway, having converted lossless to 320k VBR Ogg and
> then compared to Spotify equivalent.
>
> Triode, is there any way of turning off the replay gain via the API so
> the track streams aren't "normalized", just delivered at the original
> levels.

There is no api call for this that I can see - I would definately have
used it if it were there.  All we have is something to set the
preferred bitrate.

Can you validate that through the desktop app, turning on and off the
volume normalisation makes a reall difference?  (afraid I've never
listened to that output properly)

--
Triode