PasTim;609868 Wrote:
> Thanks. I should have said I'd already done that.  Whilst I have now
> found a way to include the custom scan rating in the web interface
> title (using the  CUSTOMSCAN_RATINGTAG_RATING keyword), I don't seem to
> be able to change the title on the touch.  Do you know if that is that a
> limitation of the touch?
>
> I think I've figured out that the custom scanned rating is not included
> in or related to any trackstat ratings.  Is that correct, or is there an
> explanation somewhere on the wiki that I have missed?  Is there a
> sensible range I should use on custom scanned ratings (eg 1-5, 1-10,
> 1-99??

In the Custom Scan Rating Tag scanning module settings, what have you
set the following fields to:
- Max rating value
- Write ratings to Squeezebox Server

The "Max rating value" should be set to the value you use for a maximum
rating in your rating tag, for example 100.

The "Write ratings to Squeezebox Server" needs to be checked if it
should write the ratings to the TrackStat and Squeezebox Server
standard tables.

Also, make sure you actually run the "Rating Tag" scanning module
because I think it's turned of by default. You can run it manually
through the Custom Scan settings page or you can check the "Include in
automatic scans and "Scan All"" checkbox if you want it to run
automatically after a Squeezebox Server rescan. Just note that when
it's executed it will overwrite any previously existing ratings in
Squeezebox Server, for example those changed/set with the TrackStat
plugin.

PasTim;609868 Wrote:

> I did try the 'rating' menu under custom browse, but that returned the
> error below.  I'm not quite sure, but it seems it doesn't recognise
> {rating}.
>
> Home / Custom Browse  / Ratings  / Artists
> No matching songs, albums or artists were found
>
> Refresh(Custom Browse 2.10.3296)
>
> Error:
> Running: select
> contributors.id,contributors.name,substr(contributors.namesort,1,1)
> from contributors,tracks,contributor_track,track_statistics where
> tracks.audio=1 and tracks.id=contributor_track.track and
> contributor_track.contributor=contributors.id and
> contributor_track.role in (1,5) and tracks.url=track_statistics.url and
> ifnull(track_statistics.rating,0)>={rating}-10 and
> ifnull(track_statistics.rating,0)<{rating}+10 group by contributors.id
> order by contributors.namesort asc got error:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
> to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '}-10 and
> ifnull(track_statistics.rating,0)<{rating}+10 group by contributor' at
> line 8Running: select ,case when =0 then 'Unrated' else
> concat(floor((+10)/20),' stars') end got error:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
> to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'case when
> =0 then 'Unrated' else concat(floor((+10)/20),' stars') end' at line 1

Which Squeezebox Server version are you using ?
Does TrackStat work correctly ? Can you navigate its menus in the web
interface without errors ?
Does other Custom Browse menus work correctly ?
Which operating system is Squeezebox Server running on ?
Did you install Custom Browse plugin by checking the checkbox in the
"Plugins" tab or did you download and unzip it manually ?

If you are using Squeezebox Server 7.6 nightly build, that could cause
the problems because I've currently only tested it on 7.5 and earlier
releases.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))