Yes I'm also using the winderful itach units and the iRule iPad app .

Works great.

What I want to do is to listen to volume control comands from the
server and use those to control my preamps volume over it's Ethernet
connected serial module iTach IP2SL This ethernet oto serial device now
controlls My meridian gear while another IP2IR does the Ir duty for
Bluray projector and DTV Box.

This way iPeng could controll my volume :)

http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/models2/

Maybe a modification of the existing ir-blaster plugin could use these
modules instead of the SB3 headphone output ?

These units could be an alternative to ir blasting on the Touch ?

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad