jojopuppyfish;610820 Wrote:
> Thanks Robert.....I am anxiously awaiting to use your plugin.
>
> I wake up to howard stern in the morning via my Squeezebox
> radio.....and your plugin is vital to me listening to sirius in
> general.
> SO thanks
> I'd also like to add that I sent you $20 via paypal to say thanks for
> all of the hard work.
> If anyone else would like to donate, click the paypal button on the
> bottom of this links page.
> http://code.google.com/p/notsosirius-squeezecenter/
> Not sure how much people have been contributing, but realizing how much
> I rely on your plugin, I thought it was long overdue to give you a
> monetary thank you.
> Come on everyone....if even 500 users of the plugin give him $5, that
> going to encourage Robert to continue.   Its not like anyone at
> logitech cares.

Thanks for the plug, but realize I'm not making any promises here.  I
talked to the author of the BBC iPlayer plugin and I was correct in
that his implementation doesn't support RTMPE.  He also has no interest
in adding it since he doesn't want anything that could be considered
breaking DRM in his code and RTMPE isn't actually part of the RTMP
spec.  So where does that leave things?  Well there's the option of
trying to add RTMPE support myself which in all honesty isn't likely to
happen.  If you're interested though you can read about the process
here:

http://lkcl.net/rtmp/RTMPE.txt

Plan B is to use a helper program like like ffmpeg that contains RTMPE
support.  I hate having to do that, but at this point I think it's the
only way short me waking up to find an RTMPE implementation in PERL
under my pillow.  That will of course complicate things for end-users
because you'll need this extra thing on your server, but it's the only
way I think.  Plan C could be to reverse engineer how the Sirius mobile
players work because they simply stream MP3s, but that leaves the people
with non-premium access out and isn't much of an improvement over the
provided plugin.

So in short, no new news to report, but I'm still working on it.  Just
gotta find time in between my actual job and tending to my 7th month
old.

Robert

--
flemming