JJZolx;612948 Wrote:
> What is going to be done in Java?  Are you planning on creating a new
> client-side interface ala Moose, or is that a server-side component?  I
> didn't see anything mentioned in the other thread.

Client and server in Java, possibly also native clients for
Android/iPad and Windows depending on interest. Java was selected
mainly for the multi platform support and because most of the current
contributors had experience in the language. We also need a rich client
to accomplish what we want related to library management. SBS and perl
plugins will still be used for streaming, player management and some
parts of the browse/search menus in the Squeezebox interfaces.

As mentioned we are currently very early in the process so we haven't
really decided on everything yet, so a lot can still change before we
are ready to show something in public. Due to this, I'm also not ready
to go into any details in a public forum at this stage, mainly because
I'd like to avoid spending a lot of time in discussions with people
outside the contributor group before we at least have some kind of
architecture/design and prototype which we are satisfied with.

Since all contributors only work on their spare time, it's probably
going to take some time before we have something which is ready for
alpha testing. This is also the reason why I posted this thread, to try
to get more active contributors.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))